Building Global Resilience: The Role of Social Purpose Organizations
Leading in Extraordinary Times: 2021 Webinar Series
Thanks to everyone who joined us on February 5th for the second installment of our Leading in Extraordinary Times: 2021 webinar series. In this session, global leaders Éliane Ubalijoro (Executive Director of Future Earth Montreal Hub, Canada), Pablo Chamorro (Director of the Salinerito Community Guides Association, Ecuador) and Nitya Sriram (Senior Program Officer, Martha Farrell Foundation, India) explored “Building Global Resilience: The role of Social Purpose Organizations.”
Throughout the pandemic, many organizations have struggled with how to support the people they are mandated to serve. Leaders are physically, emotionally, and financially stretched. They don’t always know how to be resilient, adaptable, and strong themselves. Without resiliency within themselves and within their own organizations, many continue to grapple with how to continue to have impact in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) world, how to continue to make a difference, and how to step up to operate at higher levels and capacities during COVID, all while worrying about their own relevancy and capacity for sustainability into the future because they are so stretched.
The three panellists on this webinar helped participants to see how they are still stepping up to play the pivotal role that social purpose organizations need to play in addressing both long term societal and global issues and the immediate issues this crisis has brought to the surface. The panellists gave concrete examples of how they are building local and global resilience.
To access the recording, click here.
We are also pleased to share the following resources from the session for those who would like to explore further:
- Native Land
- Martha Farrell Foundation
- Domestic Workers’ campaign
- Twitter and Instagram: @FoundationMF, @MarthaFarrellFoundation
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- June 12, 2020 webinar on Building Resilience & Leadership Capacity: Finding the Gifts in Struggle
For more information on the following RRU programs, available in both on-campus and blended delivery formats, please reach out to us via email. You may also contact Global Leadership Program Head, Wanda Krause via email at if you have additional questions.
- MA in Global Leadership
- Graduate Diploma in Global Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Global Leadership
Finally, we hope you can join us again for the last webinar in our series.
Healthcare Management in a Pandemic: Hearing Health Leaders’ Voices
- Date: Friday, February 19, 2021
- Time: 9:30 - 11:00 am (Pacific Time)
- Speakers: Join current students in the MA-Leadership Health specialization to explore key lessons learned from leading during the pandemic, as well as their ongoing experiences studying online and applying theory to practice in these most extraordinary times!
Our webinar series is free and open to the public. These extraordinary times are calling for our leadership and participants are welcome and encouraged to share the recording link and resources with others.